In addition to being the owner of @plantactive, I am a dedicated animal rights activist in Vancouver. Giving back to the local vegan community is a priority for me. Years of personal experience on the vegan scene have allowed me to see the good works of many animal rights organizations, activist groups and farm sanctuaries. Check out the list below to see who @plantactive proudly supports. We hope these donations help create a vegan world – as creating a vegan world is exactly what @plantactive set out to do.
- @plantactive donated $500 to Liberation B.C in 2018.
- Liberation B.C. is a non profit animal rights organization based in Vancouver.
- L.B.C. is helping to build a strong animal rights community, while exposing animal exploitation through outreach and education.
- @plantactive donated $250 to R.A.S.T.A. in 2018.
- R.A.S.T.A. was the first animal sanctuary on Vancouver Island and uses donations to help feed the unique and beautiful animals to whom they have given a forever home.
$500-The Happy Herd Sanctuary
- @plantactive donated $500 to The Happy Herd Farm Sanctuary in 2018.
- Happy Herd is home to pigs, turkeys, cows, ducks, chickens, roosters, donkeys, cats and dogs.
- Happy Herd uses donations to feed and house animals rescued from abuse and/or slaughter.
$250-Langley Pig Save
- @plantactive donated $250 in 2018 to the Langley Pig Save when they reached out for finances on a GoFundMe page.
- The Langley Pig Save frequently raises community awareness outside Britco Pork Slaughterhouse.
$250-Anonymous for the Voiceless (Vancouver Chapter)
- @plantactive donated $250 in 2018 to the local AV chapter.
- AV is an international animal rights activist group that shows slaughterhouse footage to the public within a "Cube of Truth."
- The Vancouver Chapter uses donations for equipment and hosting animal rights workshops, such as the Change Makers 2018 Tour with Joshua Entis.
@plantactive also proudly supports numerous local animal rights events by donating vegan apparel for fundraisers.
Animal Justice, Home for Hooves, R.A.S.T.A, The Happy Herd, The Vegan Fall Dance and more.